By Mike Hanlon
Research company Juniper has drawn up a list of predictions for the mobile and wireless industry for 2011 and they portray humanity hurtling headlong towards a mobile-centric lifestyle. Juniper sees 2011 as a year where we’ll see increasing use of Augmented Reality, the first Cloud-Based Operating Systems, Mobile Banking becomes a must, the beginning of the demise of the credit card, the rise of Mobile Lottery Tickets, biometrics coming to mobile and Social Purchasing moving to a whole new level.
Juniper’s full report can be downloaded here, but for those who need the short version, here are Juniper’s top 10 wireless predictions.
- Surging Mobile Data Traffic
- Augmented Reality to Enhance Mobile Games and Retail
- Cloud-Based Operating Systems are Launched
- Mobile Banking will become a “must-have” when opening a new account
- Mobile Devices Begin to Replace Credit Cards
- Mobile Handsets Become Even More Sensitive
- Mobile Lottery Tickets Sales to Soar Fuelled by Deployments in US, Europe, and China
- Mobile-Specific Threats Lead to Demand for Mobile-Specific Security
- Buyouts take Social Purchasing to a New Level
- More Vendors Develop a “GreenHeart”