Protect your kidney and save your heart’, the theme of World Kidney Day is being celebrated at Aga Khan University Hospital (AKUH) on March 10, 2011.
Kidney disease increases the risk of heart problems for people with diabetes, hypertension and cardiovascular disease. The speakers will cover topics which include chronic kidney disease, how to keep your kidneys and heart healthy, and will highlight the lifestyle and practices required to prevent kidney and heart problems. Patients with hypertension or diabetes can catch kidney problems early on through simple urine tests.
What: Seminar on protect your kidney and save your heart.
- Dr Syed Ather Hussain, Consultant Nephrologist and Section Head of Nephrology
- Dr Waqar uddin Kashif, Consultant Nephrologist and Director, Nephrology Residency Programme
- Dr Abdul Mabood Khalil, Consultant Nephrologist
- Dr Arshalooz Jamila Rahman, Consultant Paediatrician
- Dr Arshad Ahmed, Consultant Nephrologist
When: March 10, 2011, 4:00 pm-5:30 pm
Where: AKU Auditorium, Stadium Road campus, Karachi
For media queries, please contact: www.aku.edu
Need info about PKD